What is Human Growth Hormone (HGH)?
HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland. HGH plays critical roles in growth and development during childhood and teen years, and continues to be of great importance throughout our lives. Its continued presence is necessary to maintain many health functions, including tissue growth, cell reproduction and cell regeneration, which is why HGH has become a mainstay of anti-aging treatment. Falling HGH levels associated with aging can result in numerous physical and psychological concerns. HGH treatment is associated with improvements in many of these problems (see list below).
BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH HGH THERAPY
- decreased body fat
- increased muscle mass
- increased bone density
- improved sense of well being
- decreased wrinkles
- improved energy levels
- improved strength and stamina
- improved skin tone
- improved sexual function
- increased general organ function
- restoration of libido
- improved self confidence
- improved lean body mass
- improved HDL (good) cholesterol
- improved immune system function
- improved cognition/memory
- improved cardiovascular health
- decreased wrinkles
- decreased muscle soreness
- reduced body fat
- reduced atherosclerosis
- reduced depression and anxiety
- reduced hospitalization rates
HGH Scientific Proof and Safety
Use of HGH as an anti-aging therapy began in 1990 when Daniel Rudman published a study in the New England Journal of Medicine (Rudman; 323:1-6 1990) that documented the effectiveness of HGH. The study divided 21 male test subjects between the ages of 60 and 80 who had low IGF-1 levels (laboratory indicator of low Growth Hormone level) into two groups: 12 received HGH and 9 received placebo (fake drug).
The results of the 6-month study revealed that study subjects who received real HGH injections experienced
- increases in lean muscle mass
- decreases in adipose fat tissue
- increases in vertebral bone height
- In addition, all were also found to have measurable increases in their HGH levels.
The control group had none of these results. The improvements seen with six months of HGH Therapy on body mass and adipose-tissue mass were equivalent to prevention of 10 to 20 years of aging.
Since Rudman’s landmark study, HGH was approved for treatment of adult Growth Hormone deficiency in 1996, and studies by leading physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide confirm its efficacy. The current consensus among these specialists is that HGH therapy provided in a physician supervised hormone replacement program is effective and safe, with the notable exception that HGH cannot be prescribed to persons suffering from cancer. Please see the information below on Sermorelin and the Fountain of Youth MD stance on HGH and client safety. Side effects associated with excessive HGH dosing include gigantism, stimulation of cancer cells, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, lethargy, organ enlargement, high blood pressure, headaches, joint inflammation, glucose intolerance (pre-diabetes), sleep apnea, tongue thickening, excess perspiration, and acromegaly (skull enlargement).
Sermorelin and Human Growth Hormone
At Fountain of Youth MD we provide 2 Growth Hormone treatment options:
(1) HGH injection (2) Sermorelin injection
- Growth Hormone releasing agent that triggers the pituitary gland to increase the body’s production of Growth Hormone
- Indirect method of raising Growth Hormone levels that yields benefits similar to HGH
- Associated with fewer side effect and safety concerns than HGH
- Additional benefit is that it almost always improves Andropause and Menopause symptoms
Because our company mission is to utilize the latest scientific developments in the specialty of anti-aging medicine to help our clients live better, healthier, and longer lives, we prefer that our clients take Sermorelin when either we or they believe HGH would help them achieve their better aging goals because of its improved safety profile.The key to Sermorelin’s combination of effectiveness and safety is its mechanism of action.
- Sermorelin acts on the pituitary gland and stimulates it to naturally produce Growth Hormone
- The safety benefit of utilizing this natural pathway to raise GH levels is that the body will not allow Sermorelin to raise your Growth Hormone to unsafe levels
- Sermorelin is less expensive than HGH, resulting in cost savings we pass along to you
Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy right for you? Call us today at 248-274-4369 or e-mail us at info@FOYMD.com to learn if you may qualify to join our elite list of clientele. We look forward to helping you live a better and healthier life.