What is Hypothyroidism?
- Underactive thyroid
- A symptom complex resulting from low levels of thyroid hormone (underactive thyroid)
- Associated with decreased quality of life
- Associated with many potentially severe medical concerns
- Common in menopausal and post-menopausal women
- Underdiagnosed and undertreated in both women and men
- Heart Disease
- Intolerance to cold temperature
- Weight gain
- Dry skin
- Sluggishness/sense of inertia
- Decreased perspiration
- Underactive thyroid = slow/low metabolism!
LOW METABOLISM DUE TO HYPOTHROIDISM IS A COMMON CAUSE OF MIDDLE-AGED MEN GAINING WEIGHT. IF YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR THYROID TESTED BY FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH MD!
Bioidentical Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to be dramatically effective in relieving the symptoms of Hypothyroidism and helping both men and women to return to active, enjoyable, and satisfying lives.
- The thyroid is a small gland located in the lower neck
- Thyroid produces hormones critical to metabolism and energy
- Thyroid hormones are Triidothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), T3 and T4 help determine need for Bioidentical Thyroid Replacement Therapy
TYPES OF THYROID IMBALANCE
- Overactive thyroid
- Thyroid gland produces excess thyroid hormone
- Common cause is Grave’s Disease
- Possible symptoms include heart palpitations, anxiety, weight loss, heat intolerance, muscle weakness, vision difficulties, dizziness, confusion, fainting
- Underactive thyroid
- Far more common than hyperthyroidism (1 in 7 adults)
- Common in women
- Current testing methods do poor job of identifying persons who might benefit from thyroid replacement therapy
- Fountain of Youth MD’s experience is that hypothyroidism is much more common than current treatment patterns or statistics indicate, and many of our clients have benefitted from treatment even if labs do not indicate underactive thyroid by conventional standards
THE PROBLEM WITH CURRENT THYROID TESTING METHODS
Many people with symptoms suggestive of hypothyroidism are told by their healthcare provider that they do not have thyroid problems because their lab tests are “normal”.
Why? Poor awareness in the mainstream medical community of the new thinking regarding the correct way to diagnose and treat hypothyroidism!
- Many conventional healthcare providers rely solely on Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Most conventional healthcare providers are not aware of 2002 Society of Endocrinologists’ announcement that standard testing ranges for TSH were inaccurate and that many people suffering from hypothyroidism were undiagnosed and not receiving treatment from which they would likely benefit
THYROID HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY AT CANYON HEALTH.
Fountain of Youth MD physicians are proactive regarding diagnosing and treating hypothyroidism. We treat people, not lab results. We utilize the results of your medical history, physical examination, and complete thyroid panel to assess your thyroid status and determine your need for Bioidentical Thyroid Replacement Therapy. We then create a customized thyroid replacement strategy designed to help improve your health and assist you in feeling your best.
Subclinical Hypothyroidism: What is it and why treat it?
- Mild Thyroid Failure
- Diagnosed when T4 and T3 are normal but TSH levels mildly elevated
- More common in women than men
- Many sufferers progress to overt (full-blown) hypothyroidism
It is highly likely that many of you suffer from subclinical hypothyroidism and that treatment with Bioidentical Thyroid Replacement Therapy would result in significant improvement in both your overall health and general sense of well-being!
Why Use Bioidentical Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Most conventional healthcare providers treat hypothyroidism with synthetic T4 (e.g., levothyroxine, Synthroid)
- Many people cannot efficiently convert T4 to T3
- This is a problem because T3 is the more active form of thyroid hormone
- Even if T4 and TSH levels appear normal, if T3 levels are imbalanced, many symptoms will not resolve
IF YOU ARE AN OVERWEIGHT MALE, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR THYROID TESTED BY CANYON HEALTH!
Want to look and feel younger? Call us today at(520) 326-7246 or e-mail us at email@example.com to learn if you may qualify to join our elite list of clientele. We look forward to helping you live a better and healthier life.