Treatments – Cold Laser
One unique benefit Canyon Health patients enjoy is the opportunity to receive our unique and painless combination cold laser/electrostim treatments.
- This revolutionary pain dual therapy, combination cold laser with micro-current technology is a cutting edge development in pain management and is revolutionizing alternative pain relief.
- This break-through technology is proven to accelerate the healing process of severe injuries, surgical recovery, and other causes of chronic pain (e.g., strains, sprains, tendinitis, bursitis, muscle aches, neuropathies, cervicalgia, lumbago, rotator cuff injuries, plantar fasciitis, whiplash, TMJ, chronic knee/hip/other joint pain, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.).
- In addition, its cold laser and micro-current technology provides safe, reliable and effective relief and is not associated with the potentially serious medical and legal concerns of opioid analgesics.
What makes this device so effective? By accelerating and simulating the healing process, it treats the source of the pain, not just the symptoms!
It combines two therapies in one device.
- Low Level Laser Therapy (aka cold laser) is a well-established therapy for pain relief and injury rehabilitation. The laser light penetrates tissue, where it is absorbed by cells and effectively stimulates healing and rapid pain relief.
- Micro-Current Electrical Stimulation (e-stim) stimulates the production of endorphins (body’s natural pain relievers). This results in local physiological changes, including muscle relaxation and improved circulation. This leads to increased oxygen flow, which promotes natural healing.
The results of a study that compared the efficacy of our device’s efficacy against the individual efficacies of a cold laser device, and, separately, a micro-current electrical stimulation device, were presented to the FDA. Our device was successful in reducing pain by at least 2 pain scale points in 93.1% of the completer population (as compared with only 83.3% with the TENS (e-stim) device alone and 62.5% with the cold laser device alone).
Accordingly, The FDA granted the device medical device clearance for a broad range of conditions including
- acute pain (3 months or less)
- chronic pain (3 months or more)
- intractable pain (difficult to manage or diagnose)
- post-surgical pain
- significantly reduces post-surgical pain
- helps minimize incision scarring
- reduces inflammation while increasing circulation to the injured area
- improves mobility far better than cold therapy alone
Call us today at (520) 326-7246 to schedule your initial pain management consultation and learn more about receiving your painless combination cold laser/electrostim treatments. You’ve suffered long enough from your pain. Let’s work together to reduce your pain and get started on the new you!